The Dell U2410 Monitor is a very decent upgrade from Dell. Users will certainly be appealed to this new Dell screen as it is a nice climb from the 2407 and 2408 versions. It was nice that Dell stuck with few things such as the many connectivity and ergonomic options. It was a very wise decision from Dell to incorporate those things. Plus, they also improved few things like the monitor responsiveness, input lag and viewing angles. They also throw in some extras like the new OSD style and 12-bit LUT for smooth gradients. Gamers will also love the 6ms response time which is great for displaying video and games without any ghosting or unwanted blurring.
Dell UltraSharp U2410 has lot of features that will make you decide to upgrade your CRT monitors. Some of its features are:
* Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture Multi-Views - This feature is also available in the Dell U2410 Monitor but if you plugged in DVI or HDMI you will only be able to choose VGA, DisplayPort, component or composite as the alternative source. You can't pair a DVI with a DVI picture, or an HDMI with a DVI picture. All other combinations should work fine without problem. The picture-in-picture options make it easy to do multitasking.
* Flexible Viewing and Mounting Options - This feature is perfect for those who usually do multipurpose things or activities with their monitor. It has height-adjustable stand and other features such as tilt, swivel and pivot.
* Intuitive Controls - The control buttons of Dell U2410 are touch sensitive. Just by moving your finger near it, the bottom blue LED will light up and all you need to do is to touch it to bring up the selection menu.
* Extensive Connectivity - The new Dell U2410 monitor offer 4 USB ports and a xD/SD/MS/MMC media card reader. Aside from that you can also add Dell Soundbar below the monitor panel as well.
* Color Calibration - You don't need to further calibrate the color because the Factory-tuned Adobe RGB and sRGB modes are already o.k.. People who are into picture taking, graphics editing and other image intensive act will surely find this monitor a very good alternative.
* 8 Preset modes - This monitor also has 8 preset modes which are: Standard, Multimedia, Game, Warm, Cool, Adobe RGB, sRGB and Custom Color mode. The various preset modes and the custom color mode makes the Dell UltraSharp U2410 good for accurate color work.
Dell U2410 Display Product Specifications
Panel Size: 24-inch (518.4 mm) viewable area
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (16:10)
Panel Type: IPS - In Plane Switching
Optimal Resolution: 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz
Contrast Ratio: 1000 to 1 (typical)
Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 80,000:1 (Max)
Brightness: 400 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time: 6ms (gray to gray) Typical
Max Viewing Angle (vertical/horizontal): 178º vertical / 178º horizontal
Color Support: 1.07 billion colors
Color Gamut: 110% (CIE 1976)
Pixel Pitch: 0.27 mm
Internal Processing: 12 bits
Pixel Per Inch: 94